Thursday, January 24, 2013

Craving...For Choc Chip Cookies!

We all have them, and mine seem to be severe!  Yesterday was rushed, unorganized, and full of cancellations, paired with a sleepy cranky baby who didn't want to nap and a husband who's still not allowed to touch her.  This lead to wine and cookie cravings that came on strong about 5:15pm.  Of course I dont keep temptations in the house or I'd eat them every day...but I have all the ingredients to  bake some tasty satisfactory chocolate chip cookies once the baby goes down...and I regretfully did it!

I say regretfully because after eating the batter while baking and consuming more than enough cookies to satisfy my craving, I had a food hangover, and my tummy was sugar sick! BOOO.  But they were delish, gluten free, and vegan.  If you can control yourself more than me, this was a great recipe :)

Little Devils
1c almond flour
1/2 c potato starch
1/2 c rice flour
1/2 c coconut oil
2 tbsp raw almond butter
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp flax, 3 tbsp water
1 tsp salt
3/4 c vegan choc chips

Mix all ingredients.  Remember to soak your ground flaxseeds before adding to the batter...and when you melt the coconut oil it can't be too hot or it will make the starch all gummy and weird. 

Set oven to 350
Form little balls with the dough, and place on parchment paper on cookie sheet.
Bake 10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment