Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Kosick's Immunity Power Punch!

I've spent the last two days freaking out about germs! Any and everything I can do to naturally boost my immune system has been done 10 fold, as I try to keep me and Tessa away from my hubby's coodies!  He came down with something super unpleasant on Sunday (he's much better today), but I can't afford for either me or Tessa to come down with it.  So, naturally I turn to diet and herbal remedies, and as far as I know they've worked, we both feel great.

From Wish Garden's Kick-Ass Immune, to garlic lemonade, vitamin D, high antioxidants foods, and anything green, this "bug" is not gonna get to me!  As a result of having this awesome garlic juice in the fridge and needing a post run protein boost, the Immunity Power Punch was born.  Don't hate before you taste, it was actually really good, and so extremely healthfully satisfying!

The WHY?
Garlic works as a natural antibiotic against bacteria, viruses, and protozoa in your body.  It is hands down the best medicinal food we have for flu season.  Oil of oregano is similar in it's properties, and can be taken in pill form.  Vitamin D may be one of the best strategies we have for avoiding infection, but get it from a good source and don't be shy on your dosing.  I recommend upwards of 6,000IU's a day depending on the situation.  Keeping processed or high sugar foods out is also important, which is why I chose blueberries (naturally low glycemic and low in sugar and high in antioxidants), and a little honey (if you're going to use a sweetener honey is my first choice) because lemon juice is very tart without it!  Lemon juice is extremely high in vitamin C which supports your immune system, digestion, and has anti-caner properties.  Immune-loving foods and spices: Kale, spinach, cabbage, sweet potato, salmon, sardines, spirulina, sea vegetables, garlic, onion, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, cayenne, oregano...to name a few.
   
No way am I getting sick now~
Sorry for being lazy on the photos, but I drank it before the camera came out!

Immunity Power Punch
3/4 c frozen blueberries
1/2 c garlic lemonade*
1 tsp spirulina
1 tsp Billy's Infinity C
spinkle cinnamon & sea salt
1 scoop Warrior Blend Raw Protein
1/2-1 c water

*Garlic Lemonade
8 cloves raw garlic
6 organic lemons, juiced
1 c frozen blueberries
1 tsp Infinity C
2 Tbsp honey
2 tsp ground ginger
1 inch fresh ginger
1/4 tsp cayenne
1-2 c water

Wash you hands and stay home when you're sick people!
The flu can't spread if you don't leave the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment