Thursday, April 26, 2012

Creamy Butternut Squash Soup

I have to give credit to one of my clients for this recipe, thank you Yvonne, I love this recipe!  Delicious, guilt-free, and so easy to make!  Enjoy :)

Butternut Squash Soup
1 medium butternut squash, sliced lengthwise and de-seeded
5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 yellow onions,chopped
7 sprigs fresh thyme
4 c organic chicken broth
1 1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper

Put the squash in the oven at 375.  I just use a cookie sheet (olive oiled) and place the halved squash face down. I set the timer for 45 minutes and check to see if it's done, sometimes takes longer depending on the thickness of your squash.

Put the olive oil, chopped onions, and thyme in a pot to cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes (until onions are a little tender).  

I just planted our herb garden!!  So I got to use fresh thyme from right outside my door :)

Add the chicken stock to the onion mixture and let simmer for another 5-10 minutes ( i like to let the onion and thyme seep into the broth a bit). 
Pull out the squash when's it's done and transfer all ingredients to a blender/food processor/etc.  Add the salt and pepper, and blend until smooth.  Voila!
Serve by itself, it's to dye for good!  Or alongside your favorite salad and/or protein.  This makes for a great alternative to cereal in the morning, much healthier and super easy to pour yourself a bowl in the AM!  
Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment