Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Blueberry Kale

It is hard to blog with a baby in one hand!  It's hard to do a lot of things with a baby in one hand, everything takes twice as long!  So I apologize for being short with my posts, but I have very little windows of time...

I have stayed away from kale and broccoli since I've been breastfeeding, it gives babies gas.  But since these are my favorite veggies I had to try a little kale to see if Tessa could handle it.  This side dish is awesome, and if you don't like kale, get over it, you will like this recipe!

Blueberry Kale
1 bunch green kale, washed and destemmed
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 sweet onion, thinly sliced
1/2 c blueberries (i used frozen, fresh will work)

In a large sauce pan sautee onions and blueberries in coconut oil for a few minutes before starting to add your kale.  Kale will break down (i.e. shrink) a lot, so i add it in waves, cooking on low-med heat until all the kale is wilted.

Enjoy by itself, mixed in with a spinach salad, or side dish with dinner~

No comments:

Post a Comment