Sunday, July 1, 2012

Broccolini Salad

An unplanned last minute dinner, and I needed a "green" on my plate.  It's the end of the weekend, meaning we don't have much to choose from when it comes to variety, but this is when I come up with some of my favorite creations. 

Broccolini is simply a younger earlier version of broccoli.  Any vegetable at a younger stage is higher in nutrients (i.e. sprouts are super high in nutrients).  Broccolini has less dense florets, which make it much more palatable than broccoli (at least I think so).  I had a bunch of it in my fridge and not much else, and this is what I came up with...

Broccolini Salad

1 bunch broccolini, steamed
4 whole artichoke hearts (water packed), sliced
10 small pitted California green olives (had a can in the cupboard)
1 fresh tomato, chopped

1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp greek yogurt
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
fresh chopped dill and garlic
salt to taste

It was awesome! It took 10 minutes, and we had leftovers.  Perfect.




No comments:

Post a Comment